The school is situated on a plot of land measuring 2.5 acres (13 bighas, 16 biswa). It comes to 11630 sq.mt. (13910 sq.yds). It was donated to the school in 1944 by Mr. Manmohan Dar, a Kashmiri gentleman. It was registered in the name of Harijan Sewak Sangh (HSS) at that time and is free hold. Land use of the school was never formally determined as it was pre Independence, pre DDA days. However as building plans of the school were approved by MCD in 1970, DDA treats the land use as educational. The school has been allotted 4400 sq. mt. of the land There are some other buildings in this plot owned by HSS apart from the school.They provide a revenue support for the school. A major part of the land is occupied by the hostel and the lawn in front of the hostel building. There are 10 staff quarters in the plot as well.
The school building was constructed in 1971-72 on the basis of plans approved by MCD. Currently it is a ground plus three storey building with 38 rooms. There are 30 rooms built as class rooms, three labs, one library and four small office rooms. There is spacious auditorium as well. There is an assembly yard in the middle of the school building where about 1000 girls can sit for the morning assembly and other functions. One of the rooms is being used as computer lab with 24 working computers and internet connection. The school building has a covered area of about 25,000 sq. ft.It is a good infrastructure. School has four toilets, two for students (ground floor and second floor) and two for faculty and guests (separate for ladies and gents). There are RO supported chillers for cold drinking water and facility to wash hands with soap by students. The school premises is kept clean.